Survival Update

The world is yours

Radar Blob Shuts Down Washington Airspace

Look! Up in the sky! It’s a bird…it’s a plane…it’s –

The White House went on temporary lock-down for some 45 minutes yesterday morning and the U.S. Capitol was placed on “restrictive access” as the threat level was raised to “Aircon yellow” in Washington, D.C., after radar operators spotted a slow-moving unidentified object – technically, a UFO.

AIRCON is the alert status triggered by an unauthorized aircraft entering the highly restricted airspace in Washington. Eleven minutes later, the threat level changed to Aircon orange, signaling a slow-moving object.

Capitol Police reported that the lockdown started at 8:27 am and was lifted around 9:12 am on November 26, 2019, after a mysterious aerial “blob” traveling just south of the National Mall was seen on radar at the Capitol Police command center.

The Secret Service attributed the lockdown to a “potential violation of the restricted airspace in the National Capital Region.” Military jets and helicopters were scrambled (quickly mobilized) to check out the possible threat to national security.

Speaking for the Pentagon, Lt. Col. Chris Mitchell stated shortly after the event began:

“Senior officials across the interagency are monitoring the situation on a national event conference call. NORAD aircraft are on site and responding. Plane is not considered hostile at this time.”

Note that the North American Aerospace Defense Command (NORAD) first stated that the radar image was an aircraft that was “not considered hostile at this time.” Then, in a move reminiscent of the 1947 Roswell UFO crash coverup, the military said, “upon further investigation, we found there was no aircraft.”

Hours after the incident, a NORAD representative speculated that the object could be a flock of birds or a weather balloon. a U.S. defense official confirmed that the blob on radar might have been caused by a flock of birds, an atmospheric anomaly or a drone (pilotless remote-controlled aircraft).

Hours after the all-clear was issued, a U.S. Capitol Police source said it is “still not known” what the agency captured on radar. The image that triggered the emergency response was described as “a big slow-moving blob of something.”

The unnamed defense official added that U.S. Coast Guard helicopters were dispatched to intercept the blob but saw no threat requiring further action on arrival at the target air space. Law enforcement officials conducted a ground search, looking for an unauthorized drone.

Two Capitol Police sources told CNN that the unknown object moved very slowly. It had appeared on radar out of nowhere before fading away.

A U.S. official disclosed that the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) didn’t pick up any aircraft on its radar either.

First, the idea that the billion-dollar equipment operated by the United States armed forces can’t tell the difference between an aircraft, a flock of birds or a weather balloons is unsettling, to say the least.

Add to that the fact that this story is playing out just like Roswell did in early July 1947 and you’ll understand why serious ufologists doubt the official military non-explanation behind yesterday’s incident. In 1947, the local military in the New Mexican desert blabbed to the press that a UFO had crashed in the vicinity. Reporters clamored for more information to share with their eager readers and radio audiences. Within days, the official story switched to the much-debunked “weather balloon” dodge fabricated to hide the Big Truth that we humans aren’t alone in the universe.

Air traffic control audio recorded a pilot with the call sign “Blackjack,” who, after hesitating, reported an avian presence sharing the skies with him, moving north, northwest:

“And we, uh, almost just hit a flock of birds here at about one thousand three hundred.”

Retired Air Force Col. Cedric Leighton offered a pat explanation for the military’s hasty reclassification of the UFO spotted over the nation’s capital:

“A trained radar operator should be able to differentiate between a flock of birds and an aircraft, but this mistake is actually a fairly common one. How the flock of birds appears on a radar screen can be very similar to the radar ‘look’ of a small aircraft. This happens sometimes with older radar systems.”

Leighton indicated that the most sophisticated military airspace threat detection system in the world needs to be “enhanced by other sources of information that can either confirm or call into question the radar operator’s – or air traffic controller’s – interpretation of those blips on his or her screen.”

Yesterday’s incident was “resolved without incident,” according to the NORAD mouthpiece.

Historically, UFOs have outsmarted and outmaneuvered U.S. military responses while displaying no overt hostility. For example, as I covered in Chapter 4 of  my book UNKNOWN OBJECTS: The Top Ten U.S. UFO Cases, during the highly-publicized (but still little-known) “Invasion of Washington” during the summer of 1952, yellow-orange lights that were never positively identified appeared on military radar at Washington National Airport.

For weeks in 1952, the objects flew in formation, zipped around the skies, and appeared as suddenly as the disappeared for weeks. Whenever the U.S. military scrambled interceptor jets, the objects blinked out, only to reappear as soon as the jets returned to base.

Was the slow-moving blob spotted on Capitol Police radar Wednesday, November 26, 2019, a drone? Birds? A weather balloon? Swamp gas? Venus?

The only thing we can be sure about is that we’ll never know the truth about UFOs from the U.S. federal government. After seven decades of deceit, it would be difficult for our leaders to come clean with the general public now.

There would be an awful lot of ‘splainin’ to do.