Survival Update

The world is yours

Babysitter Smokes Meth as Toddler Dies From Fentanyl Overdose!

Two babysitters have been charged in connection with the tragic death of a 16-month-old baby who died of a fentanyl overdose in North Carolina.

Two women have been indicted by a grand jury after a child in their care died of a fentanyl overdose. Haley Odessa Godshall was babysitting her friend’s toddler, Kingston Jenkins, for the day, but was also “hanging out” with another friend Daisy Renee Bare. Godshall and Bare have been charged in the young child’s death.

According to the timeline of events, the two women smoked meth together, then picked up Kingston and headed to Godshall’s home. When the baby fell asleep, Godshall gave her friend some fentanyl. Both women used the drug and then fell asleep themselves. When they awoke, Kingston was unresponsive and was later pronounced dead at the hospital. The cause of death was a lethal dose of fentanyl.

This is not the first time for such a tragedy to occur. Just days prior to the arrest and indictment of these two women, also in North Carolina, a woman was charged with murder when her 3-year-old child also died of a fentanyl overdose!

In that case, Ana Jones, a 32-year-old mom from Pembroke, was arrested and charged with second-degree murder and felony child abuse on Oct. 5, according to the Robeson County Sheriff’s Office. Her arrest comes after her 3-year-old fatally overdosed on fentanyl in March.

Fentanyl is a highly dangerous drug. It can be fatal even to adults in small amounts, so a child ingesting even the tiniest grains of the deadly drug can overdose.